| || |
|| || |
|Overview of |
Hotel Villa Odino
Via Roma 146, Quarto d'Altino, 30020
| || |
|The history of the Villa Odino is strictly bound to the birth of Altino a small village, 4 km far from the hotel.|
Altino also named "La cittą sepolta" the buried town - because of the end it had in the past centuries - already existed in the iron age: during the 1st millennium b.C. with the roman domination, the town was a very important center thanks its harbor open at Mediterranean commercial traffics and the construction of the Appia in 131 (the complete flung of Flaminia street) and the Imperial street Claudia Augusta direct in the Northern.
|In 313 b.C. Altino became a Bishop siege thanks to the Edict of Constantine, in 452 the town was divested by the barbarian Attila and from the VII century a.C. it was definitely abandonee and their inhabitants moved with own bishop, at Torcello island, it was the beginning of the end.|
|Only in the XV century after the definitive subjection of the Marca trevigiana to the Serenissima Repubblica, the Venetian nobility interested itself in the territory, forming a new small village of farmers which was named San Michele Al Quarto deriving from the little church who stood there and the distance in miles of the ancient city of Altino. In the 1946 it change again its name in Quarto D'Altino.|
At that time, nearby the church, no more existing, was built the town center with its rectory, the cemetery, the tribunal and what nowadays is called Hotel Villa Odino. The first important document showing the existence of the hotel, date back the year 1563, when it became property of the bishop in Torcello, he stayed there during the pastoral visits at his parishes.
|He leaved from his own residence on the Lagoon and arrived at San Michele by boat and he was welcome with feasts and bell sounds. A very important year was the 1692, when the owner at that time Marco Giustinian - Bishop in Torcello elected by the Supreme O Sum Pontiff Innocenzo XII - ordered the imposing restoration of his new residence giving to it the actual aspect.|
Afterwards the building became property of the Venetian nobility since the early '90s it was bought by the Pasini family, who decide the entire restoration of the structure and the surrounding natural park. Thanks Pasini family who respecting the historical and naturalistic worth of the neighboring territory is giving worth to this house.
| || |
| || |